Sunday, March 3, 2013

applesauce bread

hubby likes to tell people that the only reason he married me was because I can bake...haha...

and this particular bread is one of his absolute favorites...I have the flu right now but thought I would make this for the family for dinner and hopefully put a smile on everyone's face...Zoe came over while I was mixing (she usually wants to help but has a big project going on) and she said, "call me the minute the bread is done, I can't wait to try it..."

I have made this bread since before we were married, so for about 40 years?  wow, where has the time gone?

Applesauce Bread:

1/2 cup of white sugar
1/2 cup of brown sugar
16 oz of applesauce (today I used a chunky one)
1/2 cup of oil
2 eggs
3 tbsp of milk
2 cups of flour
1 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp of baking soda
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1/4 tsp of salt
nuts if desired...

mix wet ingredients with sugars then add the flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon, salt and nuts...

this makes one big loaf...

bake 350 for approx 50-60 minutes

happy eating

No comments:

Post a Comment