Tuesday, December 18, 2012

mac and cheese

alas no picture tonight...everyone started eating right away and then Tim and I thought about pics...   ):

anyway we all needed a down home comfort dinner tonight and this was my mother's recipe...when we were little we called this the adult mac n cheese, cause us kids liked the box variety...

so it is a really easy but yummy kind...
I use small shell roni, and cook until al dente...layer with shredded cheese in baking dish, ending with cheese...I then sprinkle garlic salt and pepper and I sometimes add bread or cracker crumbs to the top...I then por 2 cans of evaporated milk over the top...
bake at 400 for about 20-30 minutes...
we always have the same sides with this...
little weinies in BBQ sauce, a veggie and garlic biscuits...

yummy tonight...

2 comments:

  1. Sounds most delicious. I can just imagine it.  

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for commenting, I don't have a lot of followers

    ReplyDelete