Friday, December 28, 2012

homemade chicken pot pie...family favorite

anyone who has ever tasted my chicken pie loves it...I once served it to a missionary minister and he said at a church in Georgia, every year they raised money by selling chicken pies and mine was the best he had ever tasted...that meant a lot to me...there is a couple that lives across the street from me and they love it too...and I love to surprise them with a pie...

my chicken pie is so easy the way I do it too...

I use Pillsbury pie crusts in the biscuit section of the store and lay it in the pan...this is enough to make a 13 x 9 pan...
then I layer one small bag of frozen corn, and one small bag of peas and carrots...add the cooked, diced chicken...
for the sauce:
make a roux from 8 tbs of butter, 7 tbs flour, 2 cans of evaporated milk and one small box of chicken broth...
pour over chicken and veggies and add a top crust...
bake at 375 for about 30-40 minutes...

everyone in the family loves this...Zoe makes her own personal little pie, cause she hates peas and carrots and she was finished her whole pie before anyone else ever got their's...

yummy

No comments:

Post a Comment