Thursday, December 6, 2012

hamburger, rice & gravy...family favorite...

dinner tonight is a huge family favorite, everyone in the family loves it (tho I think hubby only tolerates it as he hates rice...) and it is especially good as leftovers the next day...

this was originally a Hamburger Helper flavor a very long time ago (before I ever thought of being married and having little kids of my own...)  when I first started out in nursing, I would babysit nurse's kids for them and one particular family I really loved the kids...and she knew I liked this dish and would always have it for me when I watched the kids...then, Hamburger Helper quit making it and I missed it so I came up with a version of my own...
so, for my family...

I make 6 cups of Minute Rice...
to 1 1/2 pounds ground beef, browned I add seasonings and 4 cans of beef gravy...(totally easy)

and all of us add sliced almonds and chow mein noodles stirred in...

voila a very fast and yummy dinner...

No comments:

Post a Comment