Sunday, October 7, 2012

easy peasy meatball soup


the temps are so much better around here and I am thrilled to say the least...I just wish the humidity would play nice also...we have the a/c on and I am making soup...

did you guys know that at Ralph's bakery they sell a loaf of bread ready to put in your oven?  we picked a multigrain Italian loaf...you stick it in the oven at 400 for about 20 min. and your house smells divinely...so while the soup is simmering on the stove, your bread is baking it's little heart
out for you in the oven...

simple soup...I have tried this many different ways, tried potatoes instead of pasta...different kinds of
pasta, rice, and all different possibilities of veggies...
this basic one is the one my family loves the best...
so here we go...

8 cups of water
2 pkgs of McCormick beef stew seasoning mix
1/2 pkg of noodles (tonight we used whole wheat noodles)
1/2 pkg of frozen peas
frozen meatballs (how many you want to go in)

mix up the water, seasoning mix and add the meatballs, bring to a boil, add noodles (or what you are
using)...simmer till noodles are done...
I add the peas at the end as I like them to be still a little firm and nice and shiny...

son and hubby are so happy that this is supposedly soup weather...I wanted to make my chicken and
wild rice casserole tonight and hubby informed me that there is a law you cannot have chicken 2 nights in a row...(ya right...like I believe that...)

son (Tim) is on a diet (not really to lose weight) altho he has lost 12 pounds...he mostly is trying to eat better and hopefully keep heart disease at bay (which runs rampant in our house...)
so, if you are also trying to eat better, you could use turkey meatballs and whole wheat pasta...

No comments:

Post a Comment