Tuesday, October 30, 2012

chicken fried rice

I had a couple of leftover BBQ chicken breasts from Sunday and couldn't decide what to make with them...usually I would make chicken salad with them but already made THAT the other day...thought about it all day and then came up with chicken fried rice...yummy...and everyone in the family loves this dish, except for hubby (and he will eat it, if there is nothing else to eat) and thank goodness for him there was leftover lasagna from last night and he was only more than happy to have leftovers tonight...(you should have seen how big a piece he had tonight too...)

so anyway here is how I make my fried rice...

cooked rice (duh...of course) for my family I use 6 cups of cooked Minute rice...
I add only a little bit of oil to the hot wok and fry rice in 2 batches...fry in the oil for a few minutes, then add some spashes of soy sauce...I like all of the rice coated...then I start adding all of my other
ingredients...
tonight?  frozen peas, shredded carrots, green onions, chicken (diced), some cooked bacon, some cashews, and seasonings of choice and I let warm for a little bit and I make a well in the rice and add 3 scrambled eggs and stir and cook till done...

I have me one happy family tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment