Monday, February 27, 2017

day one meatless monday, homemade mac and cheese

I have posted about my mac n cheese several times on this blog, but it really bears repeating...I absolutely love mac n cheese and looked for a very long time for the perfect one...this is it...and I keep making it again and again...the cat liked it and so does everyone else in the family...

the original recipe called for beaten eggs to be added, but I do not like eggs, as it seems to kind of curdle at the end of cooking...

here is what I do...

1 box of elbow mac, cooked till just al-dente
2 cans of evaporated milk
2 cans of cheddar cheese soup
1 stick of melted butter
8 ounces of sour cream
seasonings to your taste
cheddar cheese to your taste...

mix all together, and put in 13 x 9 inch baking pan, reserving some cheddar cheese for the top...

I bake at 350 for about 25-30 min...

I put the cheese on top after it has cooked for the 25 minutes...

to let you know, it appears that it is "soupy" when putting in pan, but I promise that it does cook down...
this can also be cooked for 2 hours in slow cooker...

yum

very rainy day here, cold and nice to have oven on...

No comments:

Post a Comment