Thursday, February 23, 2017

hamburger soup

today would have been our 43 rd anniversary if hubby had not passed away...a sad day for all of us...if he were still alive, we would have celebrated by going to Famous Dave's for BBQ...and he would have complained that why could our anniversary not fallen on a Monday when the restaurant offers a military discount on Monday...

I particularly did not want to eat out tonight with us being sad and all and I had hamburger out so I made hamburger soup tonight and everyone loves it...Tim had bought a nice apple bread at the bakery by his work and that is what we had to go with it...

I have posted about this soup many times before and I make it fairly often as everyone likes it...hubby liked it too...

5 cups of water
1 pkg onion soup mix
32 oz can tomato sauce
tons of seasonings

then I add 1/2 box of macaroni (I used elbows tonight) and 1 pkg frozen mixed vegetables...

we needed down home comfort tonight and that is what we got...


No comments:

Post a Comment