Thursday, July 21, 2016

Wednesday night, chicken wraps, homemade pasta salad

for dinner I was going to make the Applebees copycat oriental chicken salad tortilla wraps but I made the mistake of going to the store without a shopping list and not once but twice last night and I still forgot a key ingredient...the honey...and I was not going to go back out when we have triple digits here in Riverside...
(can I please say, here, that it is sooooooo nice in the new house with air conditioning, how did we do it for 14+ years without one?)

so what I did was lay out all of the ingredients that I did have and let everyone make their own...Tim made a chicken wrap with honey mustard, I think Zoie did also and Sam made hers with BBQ sauce and ranch...and everyone loved their own creations...

I had out to add:
cole slaw mix
shredded carrots
sliced onion
almonds
chow mein noodles
chicken tenders and I cheated tonight and went to Carl's for their chicken so I did not have to cook it...


for my pasta salad

to al-dente cooked ditalini I add, 6 diced up hard boiled eggs, about 4 stalks of celery diced, green onions chopped, diced dill pickles, black olives, seasonings, a little mustard and some mayo...I also add a little of the pickle juice...

yum

No comments:

Post a Comment