Thursday, July 21, 2016

chicken and wild rice casserole in the slow cooker

everyone that knows me, knows that this recipe is hands down my favorite ever...I could make this every week and never get tired of it...Tim also loves it but little boy especially does and since he is spending the night tonight decided I would make it in honor of him...he cannot wait until after water polo to get to eat...it is cute how excited he is about it...

http://www.southernplate.com/2014/08/chicken-and-wild-rice-casserole-bags-to-dishes.html

here in Riverside, we are in the depths of summer with triple digits forecasted till next Monday...oh my Lord, I hate summer...I melt in this heat...been battling a migraine all day because of it...and there is not way I will turn my oven on when it is this hot...

this works out great in the slow cooker...I had it on high for about 2-2 1/2 hours...I toasted the Ritz crackers by themselves in the toaster oven so they would be crispy and not soggy in the slow cooker...

Tim said there is no difference between this recipe in the oven and the slow cooker...yeah for me...

yum, happy eating

No comments:

Post a Comment