Tuesday, July 19, 2016

honey sesame chicken with rice

http://damndelicious.net/2013/11/02/slow-cooker-crockpot-honey-sesame-chicken/

I have had this dinner bookmarked for a very long time and last night I decided that it would make a great dinner...(I have to make up my mind the night before, so that I make sure the meat is defrosted and I have all of the ingredients on hand...)  for some reason, if it is clear in my mind what I am making, it is so much easier...

this is definitely a keeper and the simplicity of the recipe makes it a winner...everyone loved it, in fact Zoie wanted me to put a bowl away for her for breakfast when she gets here in the mornings...haha...

a couple of very small changes I would make to it for next time...I would add just a couple of drops of sesame oil and maybe some shredded carrots to it...I also would not leave on for the whole 3 hours and 30 minutes, some of the chicken got a little more done than the rest...(I have come to the conclusion that my slow cooker cooks a little faster than some are stated...)  I would cut off the 30 minutes and Zoie also asked that I make a little more sauce...

otherwise, totally yum...

you will love the easy prep of this recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment