Tuesday, July 3, 2012

chicken & wild rice casserole

what?  I hear ya...you are saying what?  is she crazy?  turning the oven on in the summer, when she says she hates the heat so very much?  yeah you would normally be correct but, we were only at 82 today and right now it is a very nice 67...today I did not turn on the a/c at all...yes, I did have a couple of fans around me but, it was tolerable...
I even sat outside with the kids while they went on the slip n slide for quite awhile...
so, I decided that while it was not too bad here, I would get the last of the oven meals out of the way, before it gets really bad here...
remember the summer it hit 110 and a transformer blew and we were without electricity for 6+ hours?  and some people were out for more than a day...OMGosh first thing I told hubby, "find me a hotel..."  haha and funny thing was I guess everyone had the same idea as us, cause we could not find an affordable hotel close to us at all...either that or the hotels raised their prices to take advantage...

so what was for dinner? I have made this one other time and we loved it so much, I could not wait to make it again...

http://www.southernplate.com/2012/01/chicken-and-wild-rice-casserole-and-becoming-the-crazy-daffodil-lady.html

one of the yummiest dinners I have ever made and tonight came out just as good as it did the last time I made it...
when you click to her site, check out all of her other recipes...Christy has alot of winners and I have never been disappointed in her recipes...she also has a newsletter you can sign up for and she sends you recipes once a week...really informative...

so please make this recipe you will love it I guarantee it...I made the version with the sour cream and I substituted peas for the green beans...
I have already said a couple of times on how I cannot really eat in the summer heat, it messes with my stomach and not worth the trouble...tonight however, I ate and a couple of hours later am craving leftovers...which this dish does make wonderful leftovers (OMGosh the next day???)  like heaven...

No comments:

Post a Comment