Monday, November 7, 2016

Saturday night my version of taco casserole

I would have thought that Zoie and Samantha really were glad when they moved from the little house behind us into their own apartment...but, more and more they are asking to spend the night here...they really are out a little too far from us and their schools, etc. and so I think it is very beneficial to stay here where it is easier to come and go where they need to...

so they came to stay Friday night and I told Zoie that she could pick what I cooked or she could pick a restaurant of her choice...

this recipe was what she chose...

before I was even married, I would help out my fellow nurse friends and babysit for them...they would leave me dinner out to prepare for their kids and this one box dinner I fell in love with and the kids I watched loved it also...
so, it was a taco casserole and everything was included in the box except the ground meat...imagine our surprise when it disappeared and we couldn't find it anywhere...
so, I decided to try to make it my own and now my own family loves this version...

I brown approx 3 pounds of ground beef (I like it meaty) and then add it to one large can of tomato sauce (I think 32 oz) and 1 envelope of taco seasonings...I add one bag of frozen corn, 1 can of sliced black olives, a good amount of crushed (not too finely) tortilla chips and just a handful of shredded cheese...

put in baking pan, add some cheese to the top...bake 350 for about 30 minutes and you are done...

one of Zoie's and Tim's favorite dinners

No comments:

Post a Comment