Tuesday, November 15, 2016

grilled tri tip, twice baked potatoes

one of the highlights for me is to go to the grocery store first thing in the morning (love the time to myself, ha...) I get to see what meats they are marking down for the day, and I have really gotten some good deals...
such as it was with dinner tonight...

I had bought 2 pretty large tri tips, but we all love any roasted beef here and especially lately, I have been feeding a lot of people...
so I on the grill browned the meat on all sides, getting some good grill marks, and then left them on the grill on a slow cooking style for about 2 1/2 hours...(seasoned the meat really well first...)  and they came out perfectly...no one complained about dinner tonight at all...

for the twice baked potatoes, I threw the potatoes in the oven when I went to get kids from school at 2 pm and then when I was ready for dinner they were waiting for me...
I cut the potatoes in half and scooped out the insides and Zoie came home from school just in time that she wanted to mash up the potatoes...I let her do whatever she wanted...she put in some butter, a little milk, lots of seasonings, cheese and a little diced ham, oh and on my instruction, she added one beaten egg...she mixed all the ingredients together and put back into the potato shell and she pronounced herself a great chef...once again, everyone loved them...

paired with grilled garlic bread and green beans...

can I just say here that in California it is still in the high 80's...once it finally cools down here I will not be grilling...

No comments:

Post a Comment