Monday, December 12, 2016

hamburger soup

I have posted about this many many times...I never would have wanted to even try this kind of soup but, I had tasted one several years ago at Elks...and one day I just decided I was going to look for a recipe and try it...
and voila this is what I came up with and I love it and so does everyone in the family...I will eat this for several days for lunch...

I read many different recipes and came up with one that serves us well...

here is what I do...

5 cups of water, 1 package of Lipton onion soup mix, and 2 cans of 16 oz each of tomato sauce (most other recipes call for diced or stewed tomatoes but my family hates chunks of tomatoes), and today I added 1 frozen package of mixed vegetables (usually I add corn, peas and carrots) and tonight I liked the different cuts of vegetables for variety, then I add about 1 1/2 pounds of browned ground beef and tonight I also added some Italian sausage...this was all browned last night when I did the sour cream beef rice bake and it was so simple to just pull the ground beef and sausage from the frig all ready to go...and bring all of this to a boil...I then add 1/2 package of ditalini and tonight I let it come back to a boil and I turned the heat off, and covered the pan and just let the macaroni cook by itself and it came out great...

we all seem to have some bug here that we just keep passing around and from the looks of it I cannot see a light at the end of the tunnel till maybe, I don't know, summer??  so I am going thru all of my easy soup recipes...cause even this tonight still caused several of us to feel quesy...

yum happy eating makes for a good dinner even if you do not have a bug visiting your house like we do...

No comments:

Post a Comment