Tuesday, December 13, 2016

3rd day of soup...chicken and wild rice...yum

Tim and I both seem a little better, but still not 100% so I decided to make tonight another soup night...have not made this for awhile now and it seemed perfect for tonight...
I was kind of surprised to find out that Tim and I are not the only ones feeling kind of yucky...there seems to be this virus going around that really when you think about it is not horrible, just bad enough to make you feel sort of yuck...you have mild stomach issues, general aches and pains, but you can still eat, if you want to deal with the nausea...we both thought it was new meds we were both on but I have heard from others that have the same thing with no new medicine issues...it is short lived that is the good thing...

here is how I made my chicken and wild rice soup...

2 cooked chicken breasts chopped, about 1 cups of cooked wild rice, about 1 cup of cooked white rice, tonight I added some shredded carrots...I like my soup to be very easy and uncomplicated...
the sauce I used was a roux out of 8 tablespoons of butter melted with 8 tablespoons of wondra flour, I added about 32 oz of chicken broth and about 2 cups of milk...

make sure you rince the wild rice real well before adding...it turned the soup a little bit of a weird color...

this was very good for tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment