Sunday, September 4, 2016

Sunday night dinner...Amish country casserole

this day today is the first time I have had my oven on all summer...today, finally is is a little cool-ish here...said to be in the high 80's...and it feels so good outside right now...even with this good news, I know not to count my chickens quite yet...supposed to get hot again this next week...I just go with the flow...what else can you do?  I personally cannot wait until the middle of October when it officially cools down...

this recipe has been bookmarked in my favorites for quite awhile and today I just decided to go ahead with it and see if the fuss I have heard about this, is true...I really had wanted to try it in the slow cooker but then when the weather was cooperating with me I thought I would just go ahead and bake it...

I actually googled several different versions of this recipe and kind of did my own thing...

here is what I did...

to a 12 oz pkg of cooked noodles, I added browned hamburger and some italian sausage, tons of seasonings, 1 cup of milk (I actually only added 1/2 to 3/4 cup), 1-10 3/4 oz can of tomato soup, 1-10 3/4 oz can of cream of chicken soup and mixed it all together...
now, this is where the second recipe that I read comes into play...

I used 2 square baking pans...in one pan I just put the whole mixture but in the other pan, the recipe said to put one layer of mixture in the pan and then add some american cheese slices to the top and then add the remaining mixture to the top...

they are in the oven and I cannot wait to see which one I like the most...

so everyone in the family liked this dish...they preferred the one that had the cheese in the middle...I am hoping this makes good leftovers...someone else, on their blog, said that this dish is not pretty, nor would you serve it to guests and I would have to agree with them tho the family liked it...even picky hubby did...

No comments:

Post a Comment