Sunday, September 11, 2016

cat's away...tuna melts, pigs in blankets and creamed chipped beef

whenever my husband is away for a day or so, I always say that when the cat is away the nice will play and we left at home, will get to eat what we like for a change (things he will not eat...)
such has been the last couple of days...
he and Tim went to LA to see MIL who is 91 this week...cat is not doing that well health wise but I thought it important to see his mom...

yesterday for lunch Zoie and I had creamed chipped beef on toast...yum...she and I love this stuff and it was perfect and went pretty well for my gallbladder diet (I was surprised that it was OK)...

    I take a jar of dried beef (sold in the aisle of tuna and other canned meats...)  and I rinse the salt off and paper towel dry the meat and then stir into 8 tablespoons of butter in a fry pan...I let cook for a few minutes until almost crisp...I then add 8 tablespoons of flour and let cook off the flour tast lte and add 3 cups of milk and stir lumps out and continue stirring until thickened...yum...

 I cannot believe Zoie and Cj have never had pigs in blankets...that was lunch today...
    I take a refrigerated can of crescent rolls and wrap the biscuits around a hot dog and bake...LOL paired with tator tots...it also was OK for my diet...

then Zoie asked for tuna melts last night for dinner...she has not had one for a long time...she made chips and dip to go with hers...
    I make mine with sourdough bread and because of my diet I added minimal amount of mayo and used american cheese...they were so good last night...

alas, cat and Tim are home this afternoon...so back to my usual way of cooking...



No comments:

Post a Comment