Thursday, November 19, 2015

Wednesday spam pie and sausage pie

this was the day before Zoie's birthday and we also did not properly celebrate Sian's birthday, so we invited her to spend the night with Zoe and I asked both girls what they wanted to eat and they rushed to say "spam pie"...

I have written about this pie before how I found the recipe in a magazine add for Hormel Spam soon after we were married...I was brought up on Spam but hubby hates it...
so for dinner after I made the Spam version, I also made hubby a sausage pie and it turned out wonderfully...he said he definitely wants to have this again...

for both, I line a pan with crescent rolls
(the sausage one, I used a round cake pan and it took one roll of biscuits) and mixed together 2 eggs, some cooked breakfast sausage and about 1 to 1 1/2 cups of diced cheddar and jack cheese...
mix ingredients together and spread into prepared pan, baked at 350 for about 30 minutes...it was so
yummy...

same prepardness for the spam pie (for this one, I used a large casserole pan and also one round cake pan) and mixed 2 cans of spam, 6 eggs and about 3 cups of assorted cheeses...bake the same...I always have to make more than what my family will eat as when friends hear what I am making, they all ask for some...my next door neighbor especially loves it...

all together?  a great birthday dinner...Zoie made a purple leopard cake with lemon frosting...no offense but I skipped dessert...

No comments:

Post a Comment