Sunday, November 15, 2015

Friday night dinner tator tot casserole with chicken

this is what I made...

http://www.plainchicken.com/2015/07/cracked-out-tater-tot-casserole.html

but I added diced cooked chicken to make it a main dish...

now, I am going to be honest here...and maybe this was my fault...I was doubling the recipe and it might have gotten mixed up somehow...to me, this dish was very sour creamy (is that a word?)...the little kids liked it, but the adults not so much...

however, I really like this idea and would definitely try this again with some changes...

I think one way I went wrong was that I did not add enough tator tots and the original recipe calls for a bag of tator tots and in doubling, I neglected to add 2 bags?  but it seemed to me at the time that it would be just way too much...
I also think layering some tator tots on top would have helped...

so I would try again, but really watching the recipe and doubling, etc.

the chicken needed to be cut in larger pieces too, as they seemed to be lost with the other ingredients...

No comments:

Post a Comment