Saturday, April 20, 2013

spaghetti

man I did not feel like cooking today at all, but I had already put off cooking for 2 nights...

Thursday, I had a headache and we decided to go to Sizzler and then last night, we ended up at the mall and we ate there...

so I felt compelled to cook tonight, even though it is 90 degrees here today...summer is coming people and there is no way I can stop it...I am dying today...

I totally went off of my menus for the month as hubby said I had not made spaghetti in awhile...and it did sound good too...

I make my spaghetti sauce much the way Pioneer Woman does, in fact I was very surprised when I was checking out her recipes on how close her recipe was to mine...

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2012/09/spaghetti-sauce/

but here is where mine differs...
  1.  I do not use bell peppers
  2.  I also brown sweet Italian sausage with the hamburger (I cut the casings and use just the meat)
  3.  I add one can of Campbells tomato soup to the sauce

and we Americanize it by adding cheddar cheese to the top...I love this dish much better as leftovers...made green beans and garlic bread to add to dinner

totally yummy and maybe too much of a down home comfort meal for a day in the 90's...man I hate the heat from summer...not looking forward to this at all...tonight I am sitting down and making a plan of 30 meals that I can either BBQ or slow cook...

No comments:

Post a Comment