Thursday, February 17, 2011

the salted pig

hi guys...

well, I am feeling just a tad better and really needed to get out of this house and Tim did not disappoint...he took us to dinner at this new place here in Riverside that just opened this week...
Oh My...
what can I say...the food to die for...a bit pricey but...
I am in love with their menu...they have deviled eggs...you never see deviled eggs on a menu...the menu says, not your mom's deviled eggs and so I asked the waiter what was in them and it sounds sort of like mine...
ok, I got the mac and cheese (made with fontina and gruyere) (2 cheeses I have not had before) and it was quite tasty...
Tim got a burger (called the Pig Burger) with 1/2 bacon, 1/2 beef, a over easy egg and garlic mayo...(first time for Tim having egg on his burger)...
Greg got braised shortrib sandwich which has pickled onions, apples and horseradish...
the fries come in little aluminum buckets (so cute) and were very good...freshly made and sliced thin just like I like them...
as I said the food was fantastic...
the decor, was wonderful, very modernistic...lots of dark wood cabinets and tables and chairs...long tall lists of the many many beers from all over are listed for all to see...we were sat immediately at a nice table...
there was tons of wait staff, who were right at your side for your every whim...even when our waiter was busy elsewhere, someone else was right there refilling our drinks...

someone at another table got the filthy fries and I definately want to go back and try these...with beer cheese, herbs and roasted garlic...
almost forgot...for dessert we got candied bacon ice cream...what??? really??? now, bacon is my most favoritest ever ingredient...did not know if I was willing to try it in an ice cream but, the waiter said it was delicious and it really was...the ice cream was homemade and really really good with huge pieces of bacon and still crisp...a little too much, we left stuffed...
someone had a great imagination when thinking of this menu...you don't see this very often at all...

a funny story (well I was sort of mortified) we were sat near the kitchen (this absolutely gorgeous long shining in between dark woods kitchen...) and all of this fantastic looking food kept coming out and every one would ooh and ahh over each passing of dishes...when I look around, this guy was bringing out a tall glass with something coming out of the glass and I said to Tim, "on my gosh that is beautiful, what dish is that???" he first looks all around to see what I am talking about and finally after much laughing and laughing says, "uhm Mom, that would be trash."
yeah embarrassing, you can't take me anywhere...

sorry Tim...
web link: http://www.saltedpigriverside.com/food-drink/ you have to check out this link to see the other menu offerings...the battered dates, with cream cheese bacon and honey looked devine...
they do have a children's menu and a Sunday brunch (how much do you want to bet their hash would be sooooooooooooooooooooooo good???) and they have daily specials as well...
this is so near the court houses that I'll bet they get a lot of judges and lawyers as customers...
your check comes in one of those little mini (your grandma had these) canning jelly jars, too cute...
isn't there something so wonderful about eating on brand new silverware and drinking from new glasses???




No comments:

Post a Comment