Saturday, February 12, 2011

easy layered chicken bake


this is the title that Kraft Foods gave to this dish...I would call it delicious...so yummy...




easy layered chicken bake is day # four of new recipes for the month of February and I cannot believe that so far 4 out of 4 are winners...can I pick them or what???



here is the link to this fantastic recipe....http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/easy-layered-chicken-bake-75568.aspx...
I posted on facebook that from start to finish this recipe takes under one hour and you can use whatever leftovers you have on hand...this actually is how I came upon this recipe...I had leftover chicken and didn't know off hand what to do with it...
this recipe link had 4 versions of this dish...
the one I made is the amandine version...there is also a tex mex one, a bruschetta one and a mushroom and broccoli one...based on these 4 versions, I have already come up with a couple more different types...how about rice on top??? how about peas instead of green beans???
I took leftover cut up chicken breasts (I had made extra from when I did the chicken carbona) and layered it in baking pan...sprinkled some seasonings over the top, then layered green beans (I used frozen) and then 2 cans of cream of chicken soup (& 1 cup of milk)...on top of that, I put 2 boxes of stove top stuffing mixed with 3 cups of water on top and baked for 30 minutes...I then sprinkled mozzarella cheese on top and baked for a few more minutes...almost forgot to say, that in between the layers of soup and stuffing I sprinkled sliced almonds...

to me (& this is my opinion) this tastes like Thanksgiving all rolled into one dish...this recipe is definitely a keeper...my mouth kept wondering where the cranberry sauce was and the pumpkin pie???
I went to the Kraft web site and this has mixed reviews...but, one person rated it based on the fact that she used uncooked chicken (so make sure you use pre cooked chicken)...overall it had a 4 star rating out of 5...I am going to go rate it now...
so everyone in the family loved this dish and my son had a great idea to add some dried cranberries to the stuffing next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment