Sunday, February 20, 2011

risotto and cranberry chicken

day #6 of brand new recipes for the month of February...

tonight was a first for a couple of reasons...I had never tasted risotto, much less made it...tonight I did both and I am amazed...

it was fun and easy to make and it tasted good also...Tim said "let's have risotto at least once a week from now on..." OK with me...

so here was the whole menu:
cranberry chicken recipe from Stephanie Cooks
parmesan risotto
cranberry bread
green beans
and I did not get a picture...since I am still not feeling 100% I just took a couple of bites here and there and that was enough for me...
the chicken was interesting in that you mix french dressing, cranberry sauce and a packet of onion soup mixture all together and cover the chicken in it...everyone loved it tho...and they want me to make it again...
http://stephaniecooks.blogspot.com/2010/12/cranberry-chicken.html here is the link to the chicken...I bought by accident the jellied kind of cranberry sauce and I think it really needs the whole berry kind instead...her picture looks so much better than the real thing in person did...

now the risotto, OMGoodness, I have a new love...so so good...do not know why I did not try it before this...and really the only reason I did was because of Hell's Kitchen and how Gordon Ramsey goes on and on about it....
http://stephaniecooks.blogspot.com/2009/03/parmesan-risotto.html the link for the risotto and next time I am going to make enough to try Stephanie Cooks, her risotto cakes...

No comments:

Post a Comment