Sunday, April 8, 2012

new menus for April

decided that we would start going shopping for 2 weeks instead of a month...my house is so small, and I do not have a pantry and it was getting rough finding places for all of the groceries for a whole month so, that being said, we went to the commissary and I still spent approx $300 for 2 weeks...but we were out of just about everything...with the antler obligation, we ate out quite a bit over the course of a year...so, we were out of mayo & peanut butter & all of my basics like that...so for the menus here goes:
4-8....tacos, refried beans
4-9....spaghetti, salad, garlic bread
4-10...taco casserole, cornbread
4-11...chicken pot pie, cranberry sauce, muffins
4-12...swedish meatballs, noodles, veggie
4-13...ham, cheddar potatoes, green beans, applesauce bread (THIS IS OUR EASTER)
4-14...meatball soup, crusty bread
4-15...meat loaf, twice baked potatoes, corn pudding, peas
4-16...beef, bacon, barley soup, bacon & cheese pull aparts
4-17...mock lasagna, garlic breadsticks, antipasto sticks
4-18...tortellini & sausage soup, cheddar bay biscuits
4-19...macaroni & cheese, little sausages, veggie, biscuits
4-20...layered chicken bake, homemade applesauce

most of these menu items I chose cause they are some of Zoe's faves and she likes making her own little versions of the dinner...

so last night, I was tired and did not feel 100% so made the easiest dish and it was
my meatball soup...
in case I did not post about this prev. here is how I do it...

meatball soup

2 pkgs. of McCormick's beef stew seasoning mix
1 pkg of frozen meatballs
1/2 pkg uncooked egg noodles
1 pkg frozen peas

in 6 cups of water, add the seasoning mixes, set to boil, add the meatballs...once boiling add the noodles, boil till noodles are al dente...add the peas at the end...
serve...

everyone loves this soup, incl. picky princess who added her's over white rice that I had already made up ahead when she was hungry for lunch...

I will next go shopping on April 20th and hope to have a ton of coupons cut out at that time...

No comments:

Post a Comment