Saturday, December 9, 2017

teaching Zoie; hashbrown casserole

This totally is one of our all time favorites...we love it for dinner too...there is not a person in this house that does not love it...I used it as a bribe for my 9 year old grandson this week...

here is what I do...
I take 2 pkgs of frozen shredded hashbrowns and lightly fry them in a small amount of oil to brown them (I think the browning adds to the flavor and helps to thaw them also)...I have to fry them in 2 batches as my fry pan is not big enough...

I add them to a bowl and sprinkle some cheese (this time I used colby and jack) saving enough cheese for the top...

then I add 6 lightly scrambled eggs to the mixture along with sausage (and with this I cheat, I buy the Jimmy Dean crumbled fully cooked turkey sausage)...

mix all together with 1 1/2 containers of sour cream...add which seasonings you like (I added garlic salt, pepper, and onion powder...)

put into a large baking pan and spread with cheese...

bake at 375 for about 1/2 hours or until bubbly and cheese is melted...

you will love it, I promise

No comments:

Post a Comment