Saturday, December 30, 2017

posting my holiday menus...Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Years...

I am still confused about this, but it doesn't change anything really anyway...

Cancer does not run in my family...heart disease does and I always thought that heart disease would be the thing that brought me down...especially since I do have Congestive Heart Failure and Chronic Pulmonary Disease...Cancer threw me for a loop and has brought me down...

starting chemo was not quite as bad as I thought it would be, I am dealing the best I can...on chemo days, they give you enough nausea meds through the IV and it lasts for 4 days which is very nice...nausea, and fatigue are the worst...

I still have to feed my family, although I sure have scaled back...I try very hard to make big meals that will last for a couple of days to cover the days when I feel so bad...so for my holiday menus,

Thanksgiving
I made an oven roasted turkey and then since it was just Tim and me, we got a ham dinner from Marie Callendar and still ended up with tons of leftovers...

Christmas Eve (my favorite, we do a appetizerbuffet, but scaled back this year) 
swedish meatballs
cheddar and sour cream potatoes
pizza rolls
bbq little smokies
homemade pumpkin bread
Tim made a cranberry and pear tart

we scaled back so much I thought there would be complaints, but I think we are finding that just being together is better than slaving all day in the kitchen

Christmas Day
spiral ham
brown butter mashed potatoes
gravy
biscuits
maple glazed carrots
sweet potato cake

New Years Eve
macaroni salad
ham and cheese pinwheels
veggie tray
bisquick fried cheese
homemade egg rolls
million dollar dip

New Years Day
beef stroganoff

Kings Day
cheese fondue

so there you go...happy eating






No comments:

Post a Comment