Wednesday, November 7, 2012

porcupines

growing up as a kid, this was one of my most favorite meals (meat loaf and scalloped potatoes being the first...) with 12 kids (10 of them younger than me) I was usually in charge of cooking and for a lot of people too...
we were too poor for after school snacks and I would be starving by the time dinner came around but these meatballs, I could snack on them while I was cooking (my mom could never figure out why the amount of meatballs was way down when I cooked...)

and can I say here that there is no way possible that Zoe would wait after school till dinner to eat...OMGosh that kid, we have to meet her at school with a drink and a snack, or take her out...this year has not been such a problem as 6th graders eat lunch at 12:30 and they get out at 2...

another funny story, my kids love these and I had Christopher's friends convinced that this was really porcupine meat I was using...

so for porcupines, I add seasonings and uncooked rice to ground beef and brown them as meatballs, when browned, cover them with 2 cans of tomato soup (mixed with 1 can of water) and Tim likes to add shredded cheese to the top...

made parmesan noodles, broccoli and garlic cheese biscuits to the menu for tonight...

btw...hubby does not especially care for this dinner but I think it stems from his distaste of rice...

No comments:

Post a Comment