Monday, January 9, 2012

dinner tonight?


wanted to surprise Tim as he had been on vacation for a week and went back today and I knew he would be a little bummed, so I made one of his favorite dishes of all times...it used to be that I was scared of soups and each time I wanted to make one, I would look for a recipe online and follow it to a T...not anymore (& it only took me 60+ years !)
Coco's makes a good corn chowder, and I also remembered that a friend of mine used to make a fabulous soup...so on my own, I tried to replicate both recipes into one, and everyone in my family (& friends who have tried it) all love it...
when I emailed Tim at work and said I was making corn chowder, he said, "that sounds
amazing."
here is my corn chowder...
melt 1 stick of margarine in a dutch oven (get it?)
stir in 6 tbs of flour and let slightly brown,
add 1 large container of chicken broth and stir till slightly thick then add 2 1/2 cups of milk and let thicken once again...
add 1 large pkg of corn
(I use) 1 can of carrots
(I use) 1 can of potatoes
garlic salt and pepper
I also will add onions to roux when Zoe is not eating...
and then at end I add cooked bacon...

the princess helped me today, she loves cutting up the potatoes...she loves this dish as much as her uncle does, only she eats around the carrots...we served little pieces of french bread with dinner tonight and she added lemon curd to her bread...don't even ask???

No comments:

Post a Comment