Friday, February 9, 2018

teaching Zoie...homemade chicken pot pie

was so happy when I cam across this recipe and once again have been making for many many years now and even the cat (husband) liked when this was for dinner...it would always be my go to recipe as soon as fall hit and I finally could turn my oven on...
tonight, everyone was so happy when they saw what Zoie and I were making...I also like to make a small one and give to a friend or neighbor for their dinner...tonight I made the extra one for the girl that takes me to my chemo appointment, she was so happy and left me a nice text on Facebook...

this recipe takes a little time to prepare but was easier with Zoie by my side...

we roasted 5 boneless chicken breasts till they almost reached 165 degrees (remember they will still cook in oven too) and cut up into small bite size pieces...
we made a nice creamy roux with 8 tablespoons butter, 8 tablespoons of flour till all cooked through and then added 3 cans of chicken broth, 3 cans of evaporated milk (does not bother Zoie as plain milk does) and seasonings to your liking and keep stirring till thickened...
to this creamy mixture we added 1 1/2 bags of frozen peas and carrots and the chicken...

to a 13x9 pan and also an 8x8 pan (and this is where I cheat) I lined both pans with Pillsbury all ready made pie crust and made sure I sealed all cracks so the cream mixture cannot escape...and poured the chicken, veggie and cream mixture into the pans...I cover with additional pie crust...we like to use cookie cutters and cut a shape into each crust for steam to escape and bake at 350 for about 30-40 minutes till brown and bubbly...

umm so good, happy eating...

No comments:

Post a Comment