Friday, February 9, 2018

teaching Zoie...hamburger, rice and gravy, Asian style

I have been making this since before we were married and everyone loved it...the cat (husband) would eat it although not one of his favorites (he hated rice after Vietnam...)

this recipe is so so easy and I originally made it as a Hamburger Helper box recipe...when I worked in nursing before I had my own kids, I would help out my coworkers by babysitting for them when they worked and I did not and one of the families would always leave this Hamburger Helper out for me to make for dinner...and then they quit making it...so I cam up with my own style...

here is what I do...
brown 1 1/2 pounds of hamburger
add 3-4 cans of brown gravy
a splash of soy sauce and simmer on low heat...

6 cups of prepared rice and mix with meat mixture...
here is the good part...on top we add slivered almonds and chow mein crispy noodles...

ummm so good happy eating

No comments:

Post a Comment