Monday, April 11, 2011

baked sausage & risotto

I made this for dinner tonight: (well it won't let me copy and paste tonight) so, baked sausage and risotto (you get my version...) I browned italian sausage and added one minced onion and garlic till done...added 1 1/2 cups of arborio rice to sausage mixture and only browned the rice for 1 minute...I then added 4 2/3 cups of chicken broth and brought to a boil...added 2 grated onions and put into a greased casserole pan, covered and baked at 350 for 30 minutes...stir and bake for additional 30 minutes...melt 2 tbs of butter and add to 1 cup of panko bread crumbs along with some parmesan cheese...sprinkle on top and bake additional 10 minutes or until browned... Yummy...next time would add frozen peas also...recipe is from BHG and called for fennel and artichoke hearts...

No comments:

Post a Comment