Tuesday, April 4, 2017

new meatloaf recipe, mashed potatoes and cornbread casserole

I have been sick with bronchitis, and that severely afftected my cooking...since it is just Tim and me now, when I am sick, I can get away with just soup and sandwiches or eating out...
I did make a couple of things but, have previously posted about them...

I love meatloaf and am always looking for new ways to make it...when I was a kid and my mom would make our birthday dinners mine would always be meatloaf and scalloped potatoes...

so tonight, I tried something new...I combined another recipe with mine and everyone seems to like it...do not ask me, for some reason with bronchitis I have not been able to eat too much, tho I really wanted to tonight...

so here is what I did...

3 pounds hamburger
1 pound of Italian sausage
cooked bacon
shredded cheese
tons of seasonings
2 eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
8 ounces tomato sauce
bbq sauce
1 pack of ritz crackers crushed

mix all together and bake at 350 for about 40 minutes...(I make into oval patties)

at the end of cooking, I basted with 1/2 bbq sauce mixed with some tomato sauce

this recipe made so much, I gave to my old neighbors and still have a ton left...

No comments:

Post a Comment