Wednesday, January 8, 2014

pot roast, mashed potatoes, gravy and carrots

I seriously need to take more pics when I post over here...

today I knew was going to be a very busy day and so I planned on a crock pot roast cooking all day...
and it was delicious...

at the commissary where we shop, they have these "mock tri tip" roasts and they are so tender and so yummy and most times I use it as a pot roast and cook it all day in onion soup mix in the crock pot and it comes out so tender you do not need a knife...

threw some carrots in towards the end of cooking...was going to just make boiled potatoes also, but my 9 year old wanted mashed and that is what I did and for some reason they were the best mashed I have ever made...mashed potatoes used to scare me and for some time I relied on instant...(yuck, now) but I over time have really gotten to come into my own with making potatoes...and they are so easy too...

I use red potatoes, boiled till tender and they throw them into the kitchen aid and whisk them with 1/2 block of cream cheese, couple of spoons of sour cream, a little butter, garlic salt and pepper then after all creamed together, I add one handful of instant potatoes in to help bind it all together...

yummy dinner

and thank goodness I made extra, enough to send home with the littles...(they had a ready made dinner)

1 comment: