Thursday, June 2, 2016

cheese fondue

hubby and I went out to a late lunch at Anchos and so we are not hungry for dinner but Sam and Zoie were going to come over (long story but because of a reported shooting near her school) and they did not...
but I wanted to make something they both like and also Tim loves it too...

but it is the beginning of summer here, reported to be above 100 here today and I hate cooking in the heat...

so I made cheese fondue...
found this recipe many years ago and have stuck with it...

I melt 1 stick of buuter and add 8 tsp of flour into a roux with about 4 cups of milk...once thickened, I add seasonings and cheddar cheese (all to taste of course...)

and voila it is done...

we love ours with wheat thins, french bread, cut up veggies and little smokies

No comments:

Post a Comment