Saturday, December 5, 2015

cheese fondue previously posted 12/19/12

most definitely a cat's away dinner as hubby is in hospital and he hates this dish...all of the rest of us love it, so I make this when he is not around...

this is most definitely a "cat's away," type dinner...hubby hates this but, everyone else absolutely loves it...hubby is in the hospital and tonight is the perfect night to have this...it is cold here and we also needed down home comfort...

we love to have little weinies, asst veggies, cut up bread and the must have is Wheat Thins...

my recipe (been making this for a good number of years...)

I make a roux with 8tbs butter, 8tbs flour and about 5 cups of milk...cook till thickened...add seasonings of choice (I add garlic salt and pepper) and stir in enough shredded cheese to taste...we like a lot of cheese, so I usually add one of the big bags and tonight I did a colby/jack blend...stir till melted...

tonight, I only had a limited source of milk and so I added 1/2 of the liquid as chicken broth...

this is one of Tim's absolute favorites...

yummy enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment