Saturday, September 15, 2012

hot weather(still)

here we are a month and a half since I last posted and it is still super duper hot here, today supposed to be 107...oh my dear Lord...I need help...I melted a long time ago (the heat really does get to me, it just wipes me out) and then add to the list today I woke up with a pretty bad migraine...but, for some stupid reason, I cannot shut off my brain when I am laying around with a migraine...my mind goes into overdrive and I think of things that I should be doing...and today menu planning was one of those cyclones in my head...
to say I cannot wait for Fall temps to get here is an understatement...I absolutely hate everything about summer except for the laid back (no school) lazy dazy feel of the day...I hate it that the poor kids are back to school and it is so hot for them...and we probably have about another month of this before it lets up too...
my son's BD is Oct. 15th and when he was younger we would always take him and his brother and sister to the county fair and I would for the first time all summer have to pack jackets for them...so, I know it is coming...the thing is can I hold out that long???  today, if you asked me, the answer would be no...I cannot handle it tho there is nothing I can actualy do about the weather...

anyway...

the cyclone in my head today was telling me (LOL) that I should start my Fall menu planning and OMGosh I cannot wait for oven meals and baked goods again...

my son asked what the first meals I was going to make once it cools down were going to be?  so I thought I would share with you guys too...

1.    homemade chicken pot pie (yay, our family's all time favorite) and at the same time I am going to make some handheld ones and freeze them for lunches or whatever...
my mouth is already watering thinking of this...

2.    the chicken and wild rice casserole from Southern Plate (this would really be my favorite)

3.    my mock lasagna

4.    my corn chowder with some homemade crusty bread

5.    my loaded baked potato soup, once again with homemade bread or some pumpkin muffins (made from my delicious pumpkin bread recipe)  gosh I cannot wait for this one

6.    a good old fashioned spaghetti, meatballs and Italian sausage

7.    twice baked ham and cheese potatoes

8.    my taco casserole (little princess loves this one)

9.    meatloaf and cheddar potatoes

10.  macaroni and cheese

so, there you have it...my top 10 all time favorite Fall meals that I cannot wait to make...the list could go on and on but you get the idea...

my October menus to come as soon as my migraine feels a little better...

No comments:

Post a Comment