Monday, June 6, 2011

"mom's goulash"

this is a "new" to me recipe that I first found at www.annie-eats.com and I had it filed under my favorites for months and tonight had all the ingredients and decided to make it quick before summer hits and I do not turn my oven for months and months (you think I m kidding???)...

for dinner tonight I made mom's goulash...doesn't every mom have a recipe for goulash??? I know my mom had one and it did not look like this at all...I changed the recipe around just a little bit, so you on my blog are getting my version...

I browned 1 lb hamburger and took 5 italian sausages out of their casings and browned also...
I added some seasonings and 1 1/2 cans of prepared spaghetti sauce (original version you make your own) and I was lazy today...
to pan of boiling water add 1 lb of penne till al dente
in seperate bowl, mix up 16 oz of sour cream, 8 oz of cream cheese and 2 eggs, set aside...
in a 9 x 13 pan add a thin layer of meat mixture, add 1/2 of the penne and spread 1/2 of the sour cream mixture on top and then the meat sauce once again, the penne, the sour cream, and ending with the meat mixture on top...sprinkle the top with mozzarella cheese...
bke at 375 for approx. 35 minutes...

delicious...love finding new recipes and loving them...good cooking...

No comments:

Post a Comment