Sunday, September 25, 2016

my hashbrown casserole with sausage...

not feeling 100% tonight, spent 3 1/2 hours in Urgent Care to find out that I have what I already googled...(hip bursitis) and that there is not too much that they can do about it...it hurts to stand, to sit, to cough, to sneeze, basically do just about anything...but since I was told today that I will have it for awhile, I had better learn quickly how to deal with life with pain...

I wanted comfort food for dinner tonight...I need something to make me feel better...

I have posted about this recipe many times, it is one of our family favorites...little boy when he comes over tomorrow, will be delighted to see that this is made...he will love to come home from school tomorrow to have this for a snack...LOL...I like to see him happy...

I am posting about this tonight cause it turned out so so so yummy, absolute perfection...so I am trying to remember exactly what I did with it tonight that made it so delicious...

ok...

here is what I did tonight...

I took one bag of frozen hash browns and I let them sit on the counter for about 40 minutes or so to take some of the frozen-ness out of it and then I lightly fried them in a very small amount of oil till a little browned...
mixed in one container of sour cream (16 oz) and it was just enough to coat the other ingredients (think other times I might have put too much sour cream?), also added cheddar cheese, some garlic salt and black pepper and I used already browned sausage crumbles...also added 6 lightly scrambled eggs...mixed together and put into baking pan and added a layer of cheddar cheese to the top...

baked at 350 for about 35 minutes or until bubbly...

so good tonight...

was going to make pumpkin pancakes to go with this, but was hurting too much to stand and make them...Tim agreed...

No comments:

Post a Comment